Monday, August 10, 2009

This blog -- two months on...

Updated 3/17/2010


Purpose
In this blog, I feel I have an avenue outlet, where I can express my views and opinions. I mostly write about issues that I feel strongly about. I usually relate it to my own personal life experienes either in  school or not. Sometimes, I write about what I feel I like to share. Other times, I find myself too busy to write anything at all. My views are not written to be as provocative as possible; however, I might come off as combative at times.


I write a lot about Korea as I find there's a lot of interesting things going on in that country for its own sake -- something that may not be shared by others in general. The country has such a strange history -- same borders, same people for so long that it has led to some very peculiar things.  Sometimes, I feel this is something that is relevant to a larger audience. I wrote a series on my personal experiences that I feel have strongly shaped who I am today and how I view the world:
About the name of this blog
Stella Kim, who is now an alumni at the University of California, Berkeley, and who first started and taught the DeCal entitled Breaking Down Borders created the name Breaking Down Borders. I took her DeCal twice before I first facilitated a DeCal with the like name. Nonetheless, those views and opinions and the like that I post are my own and have always been my own, unless otherwise cited. The curriculum of the current DeCal in its current form was created from scratch in the fall semester of 2008 and most of the ideas presented in the DeCal can be found throughout this blog.


More
While I haven't profitted from this weblog nor do I see it being a profitable venture anytime soon -- such a niche audience, I do reserve the right to change my views in light of new information. In particular, I also reserve the right to be wrong and to change my mind in light of new information. Postings on this blog may not be reprinted or reused in full without my permission (usually the author -- me) --  Sometimes, I post entire essays. I do give permission and encourage others to expand upon my postings or reprint my postings provided that the author of the posting and the name of the blog is cited.

No comments:

Post a Comment